Dynamics SL version 7.0 client installation

We are trying to install the SL 7.0 cient on a users PC.  This was accomplished fine.  However, the user can not load Dynamics.  You click on the icon and run it and get an error message before it even attempts to login to dynamics.  If we give the user admin rights on the local computer, everything is fine.  Does anyone know what specific rights the user needs on the local computer, other than giving them full admin rights?

Thanks!

• Hello, I saw a similar post on the MS forum that might help you.

Q: When installing the client portion of Dynamic SL 7.0, which we're doing off a mapped network drive of the server, do you need to be logged in as a Domain Admin to install on a client computer? Or are local admin rights sufficient?

A: Local admin rights are sufficient to do a client install.

Q: Thanks, I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure, so I logged in as a Domain Admin and installed it that way. Now when I log in as local user (who is a local admin, but Not domain admin), Solomon won't work. I can't even get it to fire up, just get a 'Microsoft Dynamics SL has encountered a problem and needs to close error'. Also get a .Net runtime error in event log. If a log into computer as domain admin, it works fine. So I figured some kind of local security setting got set when I installed as domain admin, that local user doesn't have, so I thought to reinstall as local user, but when I do, get a 'Install error, no valid source could be found' Basically error says it can't find msi file on mapped network path. I can clearly navigate thru the mapped path and see the file, so can't figure out what problem is. Any ideas?

A: In response to the 'Dynamics has encountered a problem' error message, this is a known bug with 7.0,. It has to do with a Microsoft .Net 3.5 sp1 update. There is a hotfix for it but I believe you have to have 7.0 sp1 installed. The bug number is 17220 and you download the hotfix from CustomerSource. If you don't want to install the hotfix you can uninstall all of the .net updates except 1.1 and then reinstall 2.0. This also fixes the issue and you don't have to install the hotfix on the server and all workstations. Also, make sure if you're using Windows authentication that the user has an id already setup within SL.

.... there is more, found Here: MS Forums Post

Related
Recommended