Payment Selection - Default period to post

In Accounts Payable -> Payment Selection, how do I get the period to post to default to the current period (i.e. the latest period currently open)? Right now, it is defaulting to the earliest period currently open, so unless the user manually changes it, the checks will be posted to the wrong period. However, we have another company in Solomon that defaults to the current period. So there must be some way of changing the default. Thanks, -Nathan

• What date are you referring to? Are you referring to the posting date on the payment journal? Is it NAV you are referring to?

Andrew

• In reply to Andrew Cooper:

Andrew Cooper

What date are you referring to? Are you referring to the posting date on the payment journal? Is it NAV you are referring to?

Andrew

Nathan posted in the Dynamic SL (Solomon) forum, so the post is probably specific to Solomon. 

• In reply to David Singleton:

Realised that just after posting reply!!
  • The period to post in any Dynaimcs SL screen should default to the current open period in that module.  To check, look at AP setup screen.  You say "the latest period currently open" and "the earliest period currently open" but I am confused because technically there is only one current open period. (yes, you can post to prior closed periods and also future periods, but there is only one open.)  If it is defaulting wrong, you may need to close a period.  Periods are closed for all modules in the GL Closing screen.  You can have different modules in different periods - it is common for AP etc. to close on time but GL lags behind.  I hope this helps you.

Laura Barber

• I had a problem with checks being updated in a prior period and customized my screen to always post in curren month regardless of the current period. First I did this when the screen was opened but that on the second batch it would default back to the current period. Here is my code which sets period to post to current month year when the screen opens and when I press the begin processing button.

Private Sub cBegProcessing_Click()

Dim MM As String
        Dim YYYY As String
        Dim PerPost As String
        MM = Trim(Month(Date))
        If Len(MM) = 1 Then MM = "0" & MM
        YYYY = Year(Date)
        PerPost = YYYY & MM
        retval = SetObjectValue("cperpost", PerPost)

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Display()

Dim MM As String
        Dim YYYY As String
        Dim PerPost As String
        MM = Trim(Month(Date))
        If Len(MM) = 1 Then MM = "0" & MM
        YYYY = Year(Date)
        PerPost = YYYY & MM
        retval = SetObjectValue("cperpost", PerPost)

End Sub

Related
Recommended