I have 1 case that end - user ask me if this is bug.
1. Create Purchase Order, with Vendor A (BPC A), post Purchase Order .
2. From Purchase Order, create Purchase Invoice 1 with Vendor A (BPC A) > Post Purchase Invoice 1.
3. Create another Purchase Invoice 2 with Vendor B (BPC B), assign Charge(Item) to Purchase Order > Post Purchase Invoice 2.
When check in GL Entries filter document Posted Purchase Invoice 2, I see that:
- Entries lines related to Inventory has dimension of Posted Purchase Invoice 1.
- Entries lines related to Account Payable has dimension of Posted Purchase Invoice 2.
Why with 1 document no. but 2 different dimension ?
But in version 2009, Entries lines related to Account Payable has dimension of Posted Purchase Invoice 1 too.
I will try to explain why the 2 different Posted Purchase Invoices use different Dimensions on the Header and Lines.
In your 1st Purchase Invoice for the Items, Vendor BPC A, you posted the Vendor Dimensions were used for the Header and Item Dimensions set at the Lines.
In your 2nd Invoice, for Charge(Item), BPC B, the Lines will refer back to the Item Charge Assignment of the Items (which is pulled from the Posted Purchase Receipt). The Header will be that of the Vendor BPC B dimensions. You are paying different Vendors so each Vendors Header Dimension is used for the AP side.
Hope this explains.