How can i create a database user in Classic with SQL. When i'm trying to create a db user its throwing an error like "The microsoft dynamics nav classic and SQL server security systems have not been succesfully synchronized. The Sql server login ****** does not exist on the ********server".
I tried to synchronize like this....in NAV Tool----->Security----->synchronize all logins.....
but its not working.
Please help me to find a solution on this
Delete the user ID (Tools>> Security >> Database/ windows log-in) which is creating problem and synchronise again.
What is your security model (you can check File>> Database>> Alter >> In one of the tab)? Is it Enhanced/ Simple?
The user for creating new users and synchronizing have db_owner permissions (like sa SQL server admin) ?
Swith to "standard security model" and try again.
Yeah i deleted all the existing users[windows&database] and tried to create a new db user.then also its throwing the same error. the security model is enhanced.
1. Make sure that your SQL Server supports mixed authentication mode
2. Create a SQL LOGIN using the SQL Managament Studio
3. Now create the DB User in Navision, assign the roles for the user and synchronize the logins from within Navision
how can i check my sql server support mixed authentication mode? and should i need to install sql management studio separately?
1. Which version of SQL are you using?
2. SQL Server Management Studio, might already be there, if it is SQL2000, then it is called SQL Enterprise Manager.
3. Open SQL Server Management Studion, right click on Instance name and then Properties >> Security (4th Page) and check if it is
a. Windows Authentication or
b. SQL Server & Windows
but i'm using sql server 2005
Are you saying that you don't have SQL Server Management studio installed?
Did you check in Start >> All Programs>>Microsoft SQL Server 2005?
Are you having SQL Express?
but i didn't install sql server 2005 separately......i'm having an sql server 2005 which comes with nav installation files. in that i'm having only three option.
1.sql server configuration manager
2.sql server surface area configuration
3.sql server error and usage reporting
What edition are u using?
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE
Look for sqlwb.exe