The report Adjust Cost - Item Entries gives me a fatal error during the report runs.
A fatal error occurred. The connection to SQL server cannot be established or is no longer usable. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:* The server has been shut down manually or because of an error.* The SQL server connection settings are not correct* A network failure has occurred.* A hardware failure has occurred on the server or on your computer.Try again later or contact your system administrator.
This error message shows up for one company and not in other companies in same database.
I looked on internet to find an answer for this topic but couldn't find it.
Does anyone has an experience in this error?
It happens in Dynamics NAV version 7.1.3 build 7.10.45478
Have you imported Items (or any other data used in this process) from external source?
I remember some similar case long time ago, and it took me over 2 days to solve the problem... I tried a lot of thinks, but finally the problem was an special character (in email field), that was not visible in Dynamics NAV Client, but when I Copied from Dynamics NAV Client to Notepad++, the character appeared magically.
Once I deleted this character, all worked as expected.
It's possible what you say. The data was migrated from old version.
I will check the mail address in customer table.
I'll let you know if this helps or not. Thx for the tip!
It Won't help because that field is not being used on this report. It is something else which is causing your problem. What it is I don't know.
It can also be a code page issue where you have special characters in one database then restore to a new database with a new codepage or collation.Also copy pasting from Excel to SQL via SSMS can cause major issues like this.
This Error owe's multiple reasons. See this link
So I got more news, I ran the debugger to find the issue, don't know if it's related to this one but it has been solved.There was a missing value in the department code field in General Ledger Entries.
It's very strange that the system gave a SQL error but after filling this field, the report processed everything fine. Also possible that the running of this report in the night helped us out, because during the day there are more then 50 employees using the system and the system might be not able the carry out the heavy process...