Approvals - Trouble Shoot Error

All,

I am trying to troubleshoot a NAV 2016 Approval situation that I seem to be stuck in.

I have a purchase order that has a default workflow applied so users can create Purchase orders and then send for Approval. I have two users with Unlimited Purchase Approvals setup on the Approval User Setup Table. They are allowed to approve their own orders as well as anyone that needs to be approved.

As such for these user's there are no Approver ID's setup, just the check box on the Unlimited Purchase Approval.

The WorkFlow is setup with the following:

Add record restriction.

Set document status to Pending Approval.

Create an approval request for the record using approver type Approver and approver limit type First Qualified Approver.

DUE DATE: blank

DELEGATE AFTER: NEVER

APPROVER TYPE: APPROVER

APPROVER LIMITE TYPE: FIRST QUALIFIED APPROVER

Send approval request for the record and create a notification.

For the most part, this setup works.

BUT

Now I have an Order that was sent for Approval and Released. The order was reopened by an Approver who added a second line then sent the order for approval to release. A habit from using NAV 2005. Now the order is PENDING APPROVAL. Neither the Approver or the original sender can Cancel the Approval and no one can approve the order. It is stuck and I am not sure how to cancel or open or approve even.

On the order itself, under Approval Entries, the last entry has a status of APPROVED. There are no OPEN entries.

The Work Flow has the following:

Approval of a purchase document is requested. Completed 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Add record restriction. Completed 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Set document status to Pending Approval. Completed 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Create an approval request for the record using approver type Approver and approver limit type First Completed 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Send approval request for the record and create a notification. Completed 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Workflow Step Status Last Modified Date-Time Last Modified By User ID
Remove record restriction. Inactive
Release the document. Inactive
An approval request is approved. Active 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Send approval request for the record and create a notification. Inactive 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
An approval request is rejected. Active 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Reject the approval request for the record and create a notification. Inactive
Reopen the document. Inactive
An approval request for a purchase document is canceled. Active 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Cancel the approval request for the record and create a notification. Inactive
Remove record restriction. Inactive
Reopen the document. Inactive
"Show message ""The approval request for the record has been canceled.""." Inactive
An approval request is delegated. Active 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER
Send approval request for the record and create a notification. Inactive 7/18/2016 8:50 AM DOMAIN\USER

 

  • Hi AllicanceIntraPak,

    today we discovered a similar issue with one of our customers.
    Have you been able to solve the issue? And if so, would you please share the solution?

    Hope to hear,

    /Jeroen
  • In reply to jeroenwesterhuis:

    Jeroen,

    Well no one here was able to help. I ended up getting my partner to look into it, and they confirmed the issue and "Fixed It" not sure if they manually coded a fix or applied a Microsoft Hot Fix. So I can say it is not a setup issue or process issue, but a bug/glitch.

    Sorry I can't be more helpful.
  • In reply to AllianceLabeling:

    Hi AllianceLabeling,

    thanks for your reply, this was helpful enough.
    We will test the same case on a later version of Dynamics NAV and see if that solves the issue, that way we'll know if the issue was solved using manual coding or if it was solved by Microsoft.

    I will post the conclusion here.

    Best regards,

    /Jeroen
  • In reply to jeroenwesterhuis:

    The solution was found in Dynamics NAV 2016 CU12.
    Using codeunits 1502 and 1535 from this version (simply replace), the workflow is now executed correctly.

    Best regards,

    /Jeroen
Related