I have got stuck in a strange situation. The problem is i am not able to save or compile a table object. But i can save and compile all the other objects. This is the error which i get when i try to save or complie a table.
The RTC works perfectly fine, I tried running it as administrator, Tried changing the license, The services runs perfectly fine. The user has super permission in NAV and has dbowner in the sql. I tried turning off the firewall. Yet the same error keeps repeating. i would be much obliged if someone could throw a light on where else should i look? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
NAV version and build? Standard object? Developer License file?
On a complex situation like this, the more information the better!!!
Have you tried to save the table with a different name and object id??
Thanks for your response. It is on NAV 2016, I tried to compile and save a standard table object. And i did change the license file to developer license. I didnt try to save it with a differnt name and object id. But I did test the other standard tables. Ended up with the same error.
Try saving it with a new ID and Name.. Just to see if it is the object that is the problem. You could also try to export the object as text, renumber/new name and import it again and then compile it to see if that works either.I rare occasions an object gets destroyed and then you have to try various fixes likes the one above...
What is the table number, and are you able to save other new tables?
Tried saving it with a new id and name, Still the same issue. I tried checking with other standard tables, ended up with the same error. I tried Synchronise schema for all tables, ended up with the same error.
Now i tried accessing it from a different server from where the NAV services are installed. At that server it is working perfeectly, I am able to save and compile. Turned of the firewall and double checked it again in the previous server. Still the same error.
Thanks for your response, I tried to modify 312 Purchases & Payables Setup, Checked with customer, vendor, item and other standard tables too. Ended up with the same error. I tried Synchronise schema for all tables, ended up with the same error.
As it is 2016 I assume it is a CU8 or lower.Restart the service and try to do the changes again. If not, can you send us the ClientUserSetting.xml (remove you personalised data) of the machine you are using to connect to the service. We then can cross-check the service settings.