A couple of weeks ago I started working on a code review of two of our add-ons. One build on the German (DE) and the other on the Dutch (NL) version of NAV 2009 SP1.
The first step I take in this kind of job is to perform a simple text compare using a tool like Beyond Compare or Araxis. I compare our code with standard NAV; our current code with the previous code; I might even compare standard current NAV with previous.
Doing this for these add-ons I did hit upon a number of standard objects that my tool indicated as changed, but actually weren't. Yes, they were changed, but the only changes were in the object properties Version List and/or Date. So from a code perspective nothing had changed. For sake of ease I'll call them the false positives.
Well, yes and no. If it was only a couple objects I could live with that, but reviewing 1000+ of objects and finding more than 100 of them marked as changed falsely, makes my work inefficient and more error prone than needed. I want to rely on my data and don't want exceptions - at least not that many. So I logged and incident on Partner Source (9599353) asking for a fix. Now weeks later I still don't have a fix. The MS support engineer has worked on it for sure. But he's relying on other MS people and apparently a fix for this issue doesn't seem to have a hight enough priority. I fully understand that having been there, but it does not solve my issue. Nothing else to do than fix it myself.
I decided to:
Can be found here (gathered in one .zip file).
I did spend quite some hours in collecting and checking and double checking the data in the attachments. Nevertheless I cannot guarantee that the data is 100% right, even if I would. Please add a comment to this blog post if you do find errors or omissions in my data. So any other user can profit from that. Thanx in advance.
I already filed an issue at microsoft before the RTM release of NAV2009. All the tables got a new version no. If you export an object from an earlier version (client upgrade) from a 2009 database the textfiles are the same because the new properties are in the textfile to. If you do an export in the old datase base then you see a difference. But it is only the automatically genereated new properties for 2009.
Maybe writing on a Sunday wasn't the best to do ... as on Monday morning I had to upload a modification to my files.
Please check and double check ... ;-)