Making apps I have tried different translation tools, both on-premise and cloud versions, but I have been disappointed every time.
I mean, how hard can it be:
So, having checked a number of tools, I decided to make one myself. I have made an extension for Dynamics 365 Business Central, and not only that, I have made it Public Domain, so that everybody can help developing it.
You can find the beta on my public GitHub account:
It works like this:
The left side are all the captions from the extension and the right side are the Developers Notes that was created by the AL extension in Visual Studio Code.
Re-importing the Translation Source will not delete the old source, but add any extra fields to the Translation Source and Target.
It is also possible to add extra Translation Terms from this project to the General Translation Terms.
Here are two extra fields:
After the automatic translation has been made the field will automatically be cleared. The Translate action ignores that and translates regardless.
Here is also an extra FactBox showing how many instances of the source phrase exists.
In some cases, the setup will be translated, but in this case, it didn't and I need to translate it myself. Notice that it translated both the table and the page. The origin is noted in the Developers Notes FactBox:
Changing it manually, will give the following message:
And now it is correct.
And then click Translate All. I haven't found the exact number of translations per hour but I think it's around 30. Now let's take a look at the result:
It is obvious that the Translation Terms has kicked in, and that a few terms are missing: purchase creditmemo, SKU, docking, so they need to be added to the terms, and I can mark the lines to rerun and then run the translation again:
And the result:
And then include it in my AL extension project, recompile, publish and Install. The result is here:
It is obvious that I have made a partial translation. The fields marked in red was not included.
A warning will be given:
Answering yes, the file is imported.
In this case, it was a full translation from previous:
Now I can keep working with this file and export it again.
It is possible to import translation files with on part of the solution translated.
Just now, the Developers Notes are not exported correctly. Anybody who wants to give it a shot, please contact me directly. The issues are described in the Issues List Word file.
So, download it, play with it and give me your comments.
Sorry... hit ENTER :-) and cannot modify the post