Top 3 BI Adoption Hurdles and Tips for Jumping Over Them

While attending the Boston Executive Summit for The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI) in July 2014, I learned a shocking statistic. Among the most mature organizations, only 30% had rated themselves as having a high adoption rate for BI usage. So for the rest of us, including about 70% of mature organizations, it's probably a fair bet that we're making decisions based on inaccurate data or gut-feel.

Why do BI Adoption rates among companies remain low?

We are still making decisions without adequate data, making reactive, gut-feel decisions because of these top 3 reasons:

  1. Rigid Systems
    When systems are too rigid or a single data warehouse schema is too hard to change, a lot of companies find they can't get to

    read more

Comment List