My first Dynamics 365 Extension – Mistakes I made

There are a few things to look out for – things not that obvious.

Look at the extension settings in my Source Control.

the “appName” must match the name in Azure Publishing.

The “appPublisher” must match the publisher short name.

The “appVersion” must be in this format and identical to the version of you app in Azure Publishing.

Also make sure to only select Canada and US even if your app can support more.  Also make sure to only select English as the language.  There can only be two industries and sub-categories.

There must be a web site for the extension.  The “appHelp” Url needs to land in a place where it is easy for the user to find help.

We would recommend to make the videos more prominent on the top of the side. The help link is intended to provide online customer help.”

Now, when you follow the help link you will see a video that will show the benefits of installing this Extension.

Also make sure to have a proper page for privacy, terms and conditions and the publisher website.

All videos must be Dynamics 365 only, both in speech and image.  Never mention Dynamics NAV nor NAV.  Using the Dynamics 365 shell or the upcoming Dynamics 365 for Financials testing environment to make your screenshots and videos.

The documentation must include a user story for the testing team to follow.  The testing team must be able to follow a guided path to test the Extension with new releases of Dynamics 365.  The user story should also show the gains by installing the extension.

Then there is the Lead Management.

There is a document describing how to do this.  You can download it from here, but this is a static document and will not be updated by Microsoft.  AppSource Publishing Guide for Dynamics CRM Solutions.

I am using Azure Table.  Sample final connection string:

{“connectionString”:”DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https;AccountName=spzademoaccount;AccountKey=Ld4mIh4DVrsFEaSw21HKbqn05bl5hLVKcw0fJ4DIsa6RuvwlSMZJzQZM312IHersOIMof4DEouEmc0jw==”}

After correcting all my issues I have restarted the request approval to push to production process…

 

Related
Recommended