In AX, under the All Production Orders form, there is the ability to personalize the grid and add a field called Priority which is set to 0 for everything. By setting a higher number, this gives higher priority to the production order.
Can anyone elaborate on this? Is this taken into account for job scheduling? What if the status of the job is already Released and the Jobs from the route are already created due to firming a planned order? How does changing the priority on the fly impact production?
According to the manual it should determine the order in which the production orders are scheduled. the higher the number you manually give in, the more priority the production order should have when scheduling.
However, I don't see the system react on it at all. Can anybody explain with which conditions the system reacts and really schedules the production orders based on the priority given to the production order.
I am having the problem that I cannot alter the Priority field. Could you tell me how you change the priority field?
The Priority Field is available in Production order under Setup Fast Tab, Scheduling Field Groups 3rd field, but it will only work on below conditions;
1. All your Resource / Resource groups (At least those which are attached in Route) are having "Infinite Capacity"
2. You have selected the production orders and assign them Priority numbers manually (Higher the Number higher the Priority)
3. Then you have to manually re-schedule all the orders at a time. (Select all orders at a time and re-schedule them)
4. Job Scheduling is must (All the resource or resource group attached to route must have selected for job scheduling tick)
5. While Re-scheduling all the created production orders;
- Select those order whose rescheduling you want to do as per the priority number given by you.
- Press Schedule Job button.
- Don't select any option.
- Press "Sorting" button (Which is at the bottom of Form)
- Select the 4th Option in given drop down as "Priority - delivery date"
- Press "OK" in Sorting Form.
- Press "OK" in Job - Scheduling form.
and here your selected orders got re-scheduled as per the Priority numbers given by you. (System will reschedule all the selected order as "Forward from today" scheduling direction)