In AX, under the All Production Orders form, there is the ability to personalize the grid and add a field called Priority which is set to 0 for everything. By setting a higher number, this gives higher priority to the production order.
Can anyone elaborate on this? Is this taken into account for job scheduling? What if the status of the job is already Released and the Jobs from the route are already created due to firming a planned order? How does changing the priority on the fly impact production?
According to the manual it should determine the order in which the production orders are scheduled. the higher the number you manually give in, the more priority the production order should have when scheduling.
However, I don't see the system react on it at all. Can anybody explain with which conditions the system reacts and really schedules the production orders based on the priority given to the production order.
When you job schedule on the general tab there is a primary resource selection field - set this to priority.
even after choosing that option system does not do the scheduling as the priority no given to production orders.
Yes you need to manually define the priority on the order, then it schedules by it.
Actually i want to use the Priority field given in production order, so tried below 2 scenarios and the outputs are written below.
Created 2 production orders for Same item on 06-11-13;1. 1st Order of 1200 Pcs delivery on 06-11-13.2. 2nd Order of 1500 Pcs delivery on 06-11-13.- No priority assign to any order.- Both Orders are Job schedule at the same time.
OutPut of Scenario - 1;
1. System scheduled that order which is created 1st in the system (irrespective to the delivery date given to the production Order)
2. System does forward scheduling for manually created production orders (irrespective to the delivery date given to the production Order) unless you specify the scheduling direction.
Scenario -2 ;
Priority given the second order as 100 & No priority to first order.
OutPut of Scenario - 2;
Same result as per above. (NO scheduling as per the given priority); hence priority function does not work.
I have done testing on 2 production orders with diff. delivery date (1st order with 10 days & second order with 5 days delivery date) with same Qty. by Not giving priority number, and by giving priority number but the result is as follows;
After giving priority;
Then assuming you have setup and run it as expected I can only suggest you log it with MS. Considering they are now writing sequencing it would not surprise me if the option was obsolete anyway.
While posting Job scheduling need to select option Priority to avail this functionality
I am having the problem that I cannot alter the Priority field. Could you tell me how you change the priority field?
The Priority Field is available in Production order under Setup Fast Tab, Scheduling Field Groups 3rd field, but it will only work on below conditions;
1. All your Resource / Resource groups (At least those which are attached in Route) are having "Infinite Capacity"
2. You have selected the production orders and assign them Priority numbers manually (Higher the Number higher the Priority)
3. Then you have to manually re-schedule all the orders at a time. (Select all orders at a time and re-schedule them)
4. Job Scheduling is must (All the resource or resource group attached to route must have selected for job scheduling tick)
5. While Re-scheduling all the created production orders;
- Select those order whose rescheduling you want to do as per the priority number given by you.
- Press Schedule Job button.
- Don't select any option.
- Press "Sorting" button (Which is at the bottom of Form)
- Select the 4th Option in given drop down as "Priority - delivery date"
- Press "OK" in Sorting Form.
- Press "OK" in Job - Scheduling form.
and here your selected orders got re-scheduled as per the Priority numbers given by you. (System will reschedule all the selected order as "Forward from today" scheduling direction)