Hi DAX Experts,
I have faced the below issue while inserting records into a Table.
Cannot create a record in Table. The SQL database has issued an error.
While Synchronizing the table i got a below Error.
Unable to convert data types to anything but character field type (0 to 4).
Note: I have resolved this issue using below resolution steps. But make sure that i have done this under UAT environment. If it is in Live then take a necessary backups before doing any changes under table. Also make sure that i have done this in customized table.
1) Select Error table from AOT.
2) Select particular column name from the table(which you got that while synchronizing the table).
3) Delete the particular column from table.
4) Save and compile the table.
5) Synchronize the table.
6) Add the deleted column to the table.
7) Save and Compile the table.
8) Synchronize the table which will not show any errors.
9) Try to insert the records into the table.
10) You have Done
Hi Prahiban, in my case this issue was solved by Synchronizing the Data Dictionary and in a rare case removing the Data from table(Ofcourse Back up is there), and synchronizing the Table again and then inserting the data. it worked for me.