I have an upcoming Interview "Axapta developer" the next few weeks,
I have 3+ years of .Net programing i have taking Axapta course for 45 days i have basic understanding of Axapta and reading now
"Inside ms dynamics 2009"
and i have strong Programing skills , OOP , analysis skills .. etc .
I kindly request for interview questions that may be asked during interviews.
Can you list out questions or provide links ???
Moreover , Is it important to know functional areas as Fresher ?
Thank you again.
Interview questions have already been discussed here. Also we discussed resources, learning plans for freshers here. Please search for them.
Regarding your other question, technical freshers not necessarily expected to know functional areas. A proper training course would be of great help.
Harish Mohanbabu Long way to go before I sleep ..
In reply to Harish Mohanbabu:
I am also very interested in this subject, but the
reference is very limited.
You can share
documents as well as experience?
In reply to Patric Holier:
If you want to get more materials that related to this
topic, you can visit:
Group interview questions
Can u give me some Interview question which can be asked in the interview for the Functional consultant.
I am practicing the Dynamics AX T & L
In reply to HARI:
I am also searching for Interview questions on Axapta Functional ?? can anyone plz share the questions
In reply to Krisheed Immadi:
It's not the way to collect knowledge or enter in ERP. If you really want to be a good functional consultant then prepare yourself for same.
Ask to those ppl from them you got training they ppl provide you .pdf file it include all study material. Go through that and raise your knowledge.
Have a look to the link provided below, Hope it will help you.
In reply to Pranav:
Hello I am updating some interview questions . plz go through this....................................................................................................
AX Interview Questions
What’s new in Dynamics AX 2012
Definition of AOT elements
Layers & their usage.
AX 4.0 & AX 2009
MorphX & Intellimorph
RunBase & RunBaseBatch
Element & this
COM & .NET Business Connector
Concurrent user & Named
Primary key & Foreign key
Construct & New methods
Normal, field fixed &
related field fixed relations
Table & View in AOT
Auto design & Generated
design in reports
Business connector &
VSS & TFS
Delete actions & its types
Table groups & its types
Creation of PO & SO thru
Flow of SSRS report generation
in Dynamics AX-
AX menu item from rich client->Report viewer
opens->Issues request to report server-> Report server connects Dynamics AX(.NET
BC)->Fetches the data->Return to client
AOS Load balancer concept/Clustering
Dynamics AX security hierarchy
AX 2009 Workflow configuration
AIF in Dynamics AX 2009
Web Services concept
Version Control System in AX
Reverse Engineering tool
MS Visio UML(Data & Object),ERD
Unit test framework
Visual Form & Report
AX 2009 Debugger concepts
Cross reference tool
Types of joins in AX
Containers and its functions
Application Hierarchy Tree
Optimistic Concurrency Control
Concept of cubes & MDX
queries in SQL.
Integration from .NET
Caching mechanism in AX
Events on a form & report
Purpose of following methods in
What is cloud computing? How it
is configured in AX?
1.What is an EDT, Base
Enum, how can we use array elements of an EDT,
2.Definition and use of Maps, how AddressMap (with methods) is used in standard
3.What is the difference between Index and Index hint?
Utility and use of find method.
4.How many types of data validation methods are written on table level?
5.How many types of relations are available in Axapta, Explain each of them.
6.When the recid is generated, what is its utility, what are the different
types of Table groups defined on table properties.
7.Difference between Primary & Cluster index.
8.How many kind of lookups can be made and how.
9.How can we utilize field groups in forms
10.How many types of Delete Actions are there in Standard Ax and define the use
11.If any record is created in table I want to fetch the date & time stamp,
how will you do that
12.What is the function of super()
1. What is an abstract class, what is the utility of an abstract method
2. Multiple inheritance possible or not, if not how can we overcome that.
3. What is an interface, Why do we implement it
4. Do we need to write main method, give reasons
5. What is difference between new & construct method
6. What is the utilty of the RunOn property
7. What is main class used in batch process OR which class will you inherit to
make a batch job
8. How can we make a batch job occur at regular interval
9. What is the main utility of classes in standard Ax
10. Which class is called when we create a SO/PO.
11. What are classes used to write query.
12. What is a static method, why do we make static methods and where can we
13. When do we make methods private or protected.Forms
1. What is the basic structure of a form
2. Utility of init(), run(), wait() methods
3. What are different types of Link Types available in a form datasource,
justify each of them
4. Properties of a form datasource
5. validateWrite() method can be written in form datasource as well as table
level, when should we write it in form DS and when in table. Similar in case of
6. How can we call table level methods from form DS (similar methods)
7. What is the difference between form init() & DS init()
8. When a form opens what are the sequential methods called.
9. Where is the best place to write code to perform filter in a form
10. What are the different types of menu items available, explain each of them
11. A action type menu item is attached to a form but in the drop down the menu
item is not appearing, what could be the problem
1. What are the two most important methods
2. When do block the super() method of fetch
3. Can we make a report from wizard, if yes from where
4. What is a Programmable Section, how we use it in reports
5. What is the difference between Auto Design Spec & Generated Design
6. How can we sort the DS, what facility we can get in by placing fields in
7. What is the role of executeSection
8. What are Queries, how do we use them
1. What is the use of Parameter, Enum TypeParameter/Enum Parameter properties
2. Why do we provide Configuration key & Security key
3. Normally what do we attach in Output
4. Normally what do we attach in Action
1. What is difference between select & select firstonly statements
2. What are the keywords used to access data from "multiple
companies" and "one company to another company".
3. How can we override a lookup
4. How do the following methods work in a form DS.
ds.refresh(), ds.research(), ds.reread(), in what situation we should these
5. On closing a form name the methods which are invoked
6. What are security key/configuration keys, how do we use it in Ax
7. How can we provide user level/user group level security
8. What is a virtual company
9. What is Visual MorphXplorer, what do we do with that?(Reverse engineering
tool has replaced Visual MorphXplorer)
10. What is the function of Application Hierarchy Tree
11. If you want to monitor the database activity, where can you get that
12. Where can we find the Label log and what is its utility
13. What are the tools you will use to upgrade any object
14. What is the difference between display() and edit() methods, how do we use
15. What is the use of System Documentation/Application Developer Documentation/Application
Few More Questions on DAX
1.What are the classes, Tables, Forms and Methods used to post the sales
2. What are the classes, Tables, Forms and Methods used to post the purchase
3. What are the classes, Tables, Forms and Methods used to post the Ledgers.
4. What are the classes, Tables, Forms and Methods used to post the Inventory.
5. What is the base class to send the on-boad E-mailing.
6. What are the storage Dimensions?
7. What are the Item Dimensions?
8. What is the difference between RunBase and RunBaseBatch?
9. How do you create a NumberSequence for existing Module and also fro new
10.What is the difference between Insert and doinsert.
11.What is the Runbase Stack?
In reply to Venkat:
my sincere advice is be honest.
in addition to the list check this too.