Hello everyone, I have a weird situation where a report extension I created is printing an old version
Here are the details
I created an extension of the AMClaimStatement SSRS Report
I put a textbox at the bottom of this report and called it Rev 1.0
I made some changes and deployed it.
I created an extension of the AMClaimStatementController and pointed to the report extension I created
I tested it and everything worked great
I then made changes to my report, changed the textbox at the bottom to show Rev 1.1 and saved it/deployed it. Says deploy successful
When I print, it still prints Rev 1.0
I've tried restarting the SSRS service, I've tried restarting the server, I've tried resetting my usage data and nothing is working.
Technically Rev 1.0 doesn't exist. I've changed it, and saved it but it's still printing. It's either, there is a cached version being printed or my new version didn't deploy correctly even though it said it did.
Is this an issue someone has seen before and do you know how I can fix it?
Will it make any difference if you deploy the report in Powershell?
If nothing else helps, connect to the report server, delete the report there and deploy it again.
I did try deploying it in PowerShell and same result. I just tried deleting it on the ReportServer, I deployed it again, ran it, and it's still Rev 1.0. Obviously I'm missing something or just doing something wrong. I'm going to keep poking around to see what I can figure out.
My next step would be rebuilding the project, checking for errors and deploying again (if there aren't any issues). The Output window should say "Report RDL generation completed".
I tried rebuilding the project, there were no errors so I deployed again. Still not the correct report. I deleted it from the report server, then tried to print it, just to be sure that D365 was printing that report. I got an error after that so I know it's the right one. I deployed again and still go the old version, so I went into the report and right-clicked on the dataset and chose Restore. I got a weird error, but after that I closed the design and reopened it, only to find my original Rev 1.0. So somehow the changes I made showed on my screen but were not really being saved. I made some changes again, deployed, and printed, and now it's showing my changes. Hopefully this will help anyone who comes across the same issue.