I've extended the CustTable and added a column to it, synchronized the db and built the solution. I checked the table via "file browser" to be sure the new column was created and yes it was but when I hit the "/data/Customers" endpoint, I get all the default columns in CustTable but the new column I just added is left out.
How can I go about this?
I've gotten the solution after lot's of effort. I created an extension of the CustCustomerEntity and I added a Data Source to it, then set the table of the data source as CustTable.
That sounds wrong. You shouldn't add another CustTable datasource to CustCustomerEntity - you should use the one which is already there and merely add a field.
I added a field but it didnt work.
I extended the CustCustomerEntity and added the data source on the extension, not the CustCustomerEntity itself.
i followed hendyb's suggestion from this link...
You should solve the problem and not create a second CustTable datasource. You also must learn how to do it, otherwise you'll keep repeating the same mistake. Unfortunately "it didnt work" isn't a problem description I can help help with.
Of course we're talking about extensions, that's the only way these days.
ok, I followed your lead. everything's fine now. thanks so much