Can you plz clarify on my queries on AX 2012 licensing:
1. If I buy a license like 10 functional users and 10 Enterprise users then can I assign these to 25 users2. Task User roles are very minimal and not at all good. Some are hardly used in any organization3. Can we assigned multiple roles to one named user ? if yes then how many license it will utilize.4. For example: apart from the users who would be using the AX , I have another 20 employees for whom self service users am abt to purchase. If I buy 10 self service named CALs, will my 20 employees can use (though not at same time)5. For the customized form and functionalities do we need to have a Enterprise user or can we use functional users. Ex: Maintenance is new module which we are creating..and there are no roles predefined. Can we assign it to a new task user role?
1. 25 users, 20 licenses only... something is missing.
needs the "highest" license. If he has two roles requiring Functional
User license and one role with Enterprise User requirement, he needs one
Enterprise User license.
4. Let me quote: "Named user licenses
are specific to an individual user and cannot be shared. Note that if a
user leaves the organization, the license may be reassigned to another
5. If you create a new module, it's you thing how you want to license it.
Above answer is the best, thank you.
I have some more queries for you.
1. Is there any default no of CALS available in server licence?2. Suppose I have 5 EU CALS and I am going to assign the EU related role to 6th person, will it stopped me @ assignment or at login time?3. Suppose I have only 1 EU. Now I am making only one login, related to EU. But 5 different users using 1 (same) login. Is it considered as violation?
Please suggest/ Thank u so much.
Check my post about AX2012 licensing and especially the links at the end.