Adding fields to sales packing slip in AX 2012

Latest Axapta / Dynamics AX FAQ Pages

Get our Free Newletter

Don't you have the time to be online here at DUG every day? So how do you follow what is going on in the Dynamics industry and community?
If you subscribe to the DUG Newsletter then you can relax! We will make sure that you don't miss the big news!

Check out our
Newsletter Subscription Center
page a complete list of our different newsletters.

Solution (Verified) This post has 1 verified solution | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

18 Posts
208 Points
2013-9-11 11:37
ronaldwiley posted on 2012-12-5 13:17

Hi,

I need to add some custom fields in sales packing slip. (Account Receivables -> Common -> Sales Orders -> Pick and Pack -> Packing slip) which will open SalesEditLines form. I understand that the data displayed is from SalesParmTable. I need to change the way packing slip journal will be posted. I have already add the custom fields to SalesParmTable and got them displayed in SalesEditLines form. I would like to know in which class the posting process happen so I can modify the posting process? I have already look in SalesFormLetter_PackingSlipJournal but can't seem to find where the tables are inserted.

In AX 2009, I can change something like SalesFormLetter_PackingSlip.initJournal(), but I can't find such function in AX 2012.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution (Verified) Verified Solution

Male
3,233 Posts
78,704 Points
2014-10-8 18:31
DynamicsAXMVP
Solution (Verified) Kranthi replied on 2012-12-5 14:03
Verified by ronaldwiley

You can find the relevant code in SalesPackingSlipJournalCreate & SalesPackingSlipJournalPost classes

The formLetter frame work has been refactored in AX 2012, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh272871.aspx

Kranthi

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | Get this RSS feed | Bookmark and Share