Remove OK button from Page

Get our Free Newletter

Don't you have the time to be online here at DUG every day? So how do you follow what is going on in the Dynamics industry and community?
If you subscribe to the DUG Newsletter then you can relax! We will make sure that you don't miss the big news!

Check out our
Newsletter Subscription Center
page a complete list of our different newsletters.

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Male
83 Posts
1,589 Points
2011-2-2 6:50
Alok Shah Posted: 2010-8-30 11:20 | Locked

Hello Experts,

As per default Page design we will always find OK button on Page . But as per client requirement we need to remove OK button from a Page. Can somebody tell me how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Don't forget to VERIFY the post(s) that solved your problem.

Male
815 Posts
18,424 Points
2014-9-2 16:39
DynamicsNAVMVP
Luc van Vugt replied on 2010-8-30 11:40 | Locked

Can I ask why your customer is wanting this? Or in other words: what's against having that button?

Luc van Vugt, Imtech ICT
Never stop learning
Van Vugt's dynamiXs
Dutch Dynamics Community

108 Posts
3,205 Points
2014-8-28 17:35
Thomas Martin replied on 2010-8-30 12:30 | Locked

There are plenty of reasons NOT to have the OK button!

Some are mentioned here:

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=36379&hilit=ok+button

Male
83 Posts
1,589 Points
2011-2-2 6:50
Alok Shah replied on 2010-8-30 13:02 | Locked

Luc van Vugt:

Can I ask why your customer is wanting this? Or in other words: what's against having that button?

It's like just user wants to update some information and he wants update button in Action Pane and If Ok button is exist on that page than you can understand that it might be some misunderstanding over there.. Am I true or not?

one more question Can we change the caption of OK button?

Don't forget to VERIFY the post(s) that solved your problem.

Male
1 Posts
5 Points
2010-9-3 13:57
Per Reitzel replied on 2010-9-3 13:39 | Locked

The standard buttons in the footer of a Page (OK, Close, Yes, No etc.) is defined and based on what type of Page it is. It is different buttons depending on what PageType it is e.g. List and Cards have OK buttons and ConfirmationDialog have both a Yes and a No button and so on. These fixed standard buttons and the case that you are not able to switch them on and off are a UX decision that was made for NAV 2009.

As Thomas Martin also is mentioning this is very much discussed elsewhere and Microsoft do have very much focus on how and where to improve the designer experience for Pages.. this also include these standard buttons on Pages. But as it is now for NAV 2009 you can’t modify these standard buttons you are mentioning.

Per Reitzel

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | Get this RSS feed | Bookmark and Share