Reversal Entry process question

Get our Free Newletter

Don't you have the time to be online here at DUG every day? So how do you follow what is going on in the Dynamics industry and community?
If you subscribe to the DUG Newsletter then you can relax! We will make sure that you don't miss the big news!

Check out our
Newsletter Subscription Center
page a complete list of our different newsletters.

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Male
19 Posts
223 Points
2010-5-4 4:29
Emanuel Galvan Salazar Posted: 2009-4-15 21:56 | Locked

Hi all!

My customer has asked me the next task, if you remember when you post a Reversal Process on any transaction you have on your NAV database it uses the Posting Date  of the posted document for this process, well my customer wants to modify it doing this, posting a Reversal Entry but it wants to use the Work Date as the new Posting Date instead of the original Posting Date.

But I'm wondering if this change wouldn't modify anything on the Balances for each one of the Accounts in the COA or something else for the Financial module, I'm not convinced on modifying this functionality, but I wanted to ask first. 

If you can give me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated, receive kind regards.

Emanuel Galvan Salazar.

Male
1,625 Posts
63,608 Points
2014-7-17 1:23
Nuno Maia replied on 2009-4-15 23:30 | Locked

Hi,

What you are asking it's a feature already implemented in Portuguese localization. If you have access to partnresource download a Portuguese version, open General Ledger Setup and check field "Use Workdate in Reversal"   

Male
19 Posts
223 Points
2010-5-4 4:29
Emanuel Galvan Salazar replied on 2009-4-17 16:58 | Locked

Hi Nuno!

Thank you for your reply, just want to ask you a few things, this Portuguese localization, which features does it has? Do this localization would make me to setup anything else on the General Ledger Setup or anywhere else? What would it change besides this Reversal Entry feature?  What would you suggest me to do with this process? I ask all this 'cause in the case that  use it it'll be implemented in Saudi and I wouldn't like to affect too much of other features in the database.

Thanks in advanced and receive many regards.

Emanuel Galvan Salazar.

Male
1,625 Posts
63,608 Points
2014-7-17 1:23
Nuno Maia replied on 2009-4-19 23:40 | Locked

I don't need all the features of PT localization. In every localization there are many features related to a country. That particular feature that you were requesting it's already implemented in PT so you take a look. In realty it's only 2 lines of code. If Microsoft had that feature I could say that it's safe to implemented in that particular customer.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | Get this RSS feed | Bookmark and Share