Decisions Spring 2010 – NAV/SQL Performance: Blocks and Deadlocks

Decisions Spring 2010 from 19th to 20th May 2010; MSDynamicsWorld.com's spring online conference and trade show, is coming to your desktop, live!
Website: http://decisions.msdynamicsworld.com/

Well, actually this is not some new stuff, actually the presentation is quite similar (but shorter due to time) than this one:

The scripts & templates (attached) have been improved.

ALL SCRIPTS, TEMPLATES ETC. ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY, NO GUARANTEE, NO SUPPORT. USE AT OWN RISK.

Related Posts

No Related Posts

Comments

# re: Decisions Spring 2010 – NAV/SQL Performance: Blocks and Deadlocks

This session has been recorded - you can still watch the presenation at "Decisions 2010":

1) Visit decisions.msdynamicsworld.com

2) Enter the Conference (you have to be registered)

3) Go to the "Auditorium"

4) Select the "NAV" track

5) Select the "NAV/SQL Performance - Indexes" session and click "View"

6) Select "Slides" and start the "Video" (doubleclick)

Enjoy it ;c)

Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:02 AM by Jörg A. Stryk

# re: Decisions Spring 2010 – NAV/SQL Performance: Blocks and Deadlocks

Hi Jorg,

Thanks for sharing this.  I use SQL Alert driven Deadlock Logging see technet.microsoft.com/.../ms186385.aspx for detail to setup.  Then you need to write bit of XQuery to analyse the data.  I use this method quite heavily and if you want the XQuery, please drop me an EMail (I hope you can rememeber me from couple of years ago from your Blocking Blog)

Rama Mathanmohan

Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:47 PM by Rama Mathanmohan

# re: Decisions Spring 2010 – NAV/SQL Performance: Blocks and Deadlocks

Hi,

thanks for your comment!

I didn't know about the "Alert driven Deadlock logging" so far - thanks a lot for the hint!

Cheers,

Jörg

Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:01 PM by Jörg A. Stryk

# re: Decisions Spring 2010 – NAV/SQL Performance: Blocks and Deadlocks

Was an informative presentation.  Thanks Jörg.

Saturday, May 29, 2010 1:12 AM by Kevin Lavin

# re: Decisions Spring 2010 – NAV/SQL Performance: Blocks and Deadlocks

Hi Jorg,

I handle NAV in my organization in India and we have recently upgraded to NAV2009SP1. We have been facing the locking problem during closing for the last few quarters but so far we haven't been able to resolve it. We have tried SQL indexing.

I would be grateful if you can share your PPT or the video with me at kamesh.gunupur@gmail.com as I was unable to view the video on the link given by you.

Thanks in advance!

Friday, September 30, 2011 3:48 PM by Kamesh Gunupur

# re: Decisions Spring 2010 – NAV/SQL Performance: Blocks and Deadlocks

Hi. I'm sorry, but the video is only available up to 90 days after the presentation. The slides could be downloaded from this BLOG (see attachment).

Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:35 AM by Jörg A. Stryk